Dark Chocolate and Cherry Almond Biscotti
- 1/4 cup (60g) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- 1 1/4 cup (155g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup (85g) Dried Cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (25g) Blanched Almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125g) Belgium Dark Chocolate Wafers, melted
- Flaky Sea Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with hand-held mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on high speed until creamy. Beat in egg and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Sift flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix on low speed until well incorporated. Stir in cherries and almonds.
- Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a log 8 inches long, 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges and bottom are golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut log diagonally into 12 even pieces. Place slices cut side-up back on the pan lined with parchment paper and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and give the bottoms a generous dip into the melted dark chocolate.
- Place back on baking sheet lined with parchment, sprinkle chocolate with sea salt and let cool until chocolate has hardened.
Note: Biscotti keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Bake Time: 40-45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Yield: 12 pieces
Thanks to @irenematys