For the best website experience, please update your browser to its latest version. We recommend using
Ginger Snap Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Fancy Molasses
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup White Sugar for coating cookie dough
1 Cup Coarse White Sugar for a modern twist on this timeless classic
- Stand Mixer/Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop or spoon
- Place into your mixing bowl fitted with flat paddle add butter and sugar.
- Whip on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Add egg, mix on high until light yellow and fluffy 3 minutes
- Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add ¼ cup fancy molasses.
- Turn mixer on low speed until the molasses are fully incorporated into the butter mixture.
- Scrap the sides with rubber spatula, then turn on high for 2 minutes.
- Add to the bowl Flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, salt.
- Mix on medium until the flour in fully mixed in, turn mixer to high and mix for 1 minute.
- Using your cookie scoop or spoon make 1" cookie dough balls.
- Roll in your hand until smooth.
- Place dough ball into a bowl of white sugar.
- Roll dough ball in white sugar until completely coated.
- Place dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in 350°F oven for 12 minutes for soft cookies, 14 minutes for hard cookies.
- Cookie will crisp up when cooled.
- Have fun with this recipe, you can substitute all purpose flour with organic flour or whole wheat flour, same as the sugar.
- Trust in yourself and trust in this recipe, if you follow these steps, you will not only have success, but will also have a plate full of delicious ginger snap cookies.