For the best website experience, please update your browser to its latest version. We recommend using
Winter Spiced Nut Butter
- 2 1/2 cups of raw nuts (here 1 1/2 cup almonds and 1 cup cashews)
- 2 1/2 cups of raw seeds (here 1 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds and 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix (1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Spread the almonds, cashews and half of the pumpkin seeds into a pan. Bake at 300°F for 10 to 15 minutes until toasted. Let it cool a few minutes then add to food processor or high speed blender, along with the other half of the pumpkin seeds, the raw sunflower seeds, the salt and the spice mix.
Mix until smooth (it's long and noisy but keep going!). Add the maple syrup and pulse until incorporated. Taste and adjust to your preference (more salt? more spices? more maple?).
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Bon appétit!
Thanks to @veganmontreal