For the best website experience, please update your browser to its latest version. We recommend using
Vegan Gingerbread Men
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 and 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice (or ground cloves)
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup Vegan Butter, I use plant-based Becel
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses*
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Sift the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed. to cream together the vegan butter and sugar until there are no large clumps.
- Mix in the molasses, maple syrup, and plant milk on low to medium speed.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients. Stir everything together until fully mixed.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl and mix as well as you can. It should create crumbly dough. At this point, use your hands to fully bring the dough together. Gently knead it a bit until it comes together and you can easily make a dough ball. If the dough is still crumbly after working it a bit add a little more plant milk *(up to 1 Tablespoon)* until the dough holds together.
- Bake the cookies in single batches of 6 on the middle rack at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. *Baking one pan at a time will keep the cookie texture consistent.*
- Repeat the above steps to use up the remaining dough.
Thanks to @kaitlyndickie